for West Lancashire Borough Council
Lancashire is a glorious mix of vibrant towns and picturesque villages, boasting
some of the most beautiful countryside in the UK. Just a short drive to Manchester
and Liverpool, its great transport routes make the rest of the North West easily
With a wide choice of good schools, high quality health care and leisure facilities,
lively night spots and a buzzing cultural scene, there's something for everybody.
Aims and Achievements
We are proud of our ambition to be one of the very best Councils in the country
and recognise the important role played by all our employees in helping us achieve
We have already been officially rated as “good”, with a score just
three points short of “excellent” and we intend to become a flagship
borough council, not only satisfying customers, but delighting them.
Our vision is: putting customer services first – building a community
second to none. We put customers and frontline services at the top of our priority
list to ensure that residents receive high quality services.
We have seven priorities:
- Protecting and improving street scene and the environment
- Fighting crime and the fear of crime
- Working to create good jobs for local people
- Improving housing
- Delivering cost-effective services that will delight the customer
- Improving the health of local communities
- Providing opportunities for leisure and culture
We are committed to delivering these priorities by:
Some of our recent achievements include:
- Putting customers and frontline services first
- Listening to, informing and consulting local people
- Embracing innovation and partnership
- Promoting equality of opportunity and valuing the diversity of our communities
- Valuing and developing our employee
- Ensuring local services offer the best possible value
- Officially rated as a “good” council
- Rated “Excellent” in the 2005 Customer Access and Focus inspection
- Our website was rated best borough council website in the north west of
- We have held Investor in People status for 10 years
- We have won awards from Local Government Chronicle and the Municipal Journal
- The first Council to implement a fully interactive Induction CD Rom
The Council recognises that people are key to achieving our objectives. We
have 765 employees, operating throughout 9 Divisions and we know that they are
our most important asset, placing great emphasis on recruiting, training and
We have a huge range of jobs and careers with superb terms and conditions.
Here are just a few of our fields of work: Legal, Housing; Arts Development;
Pest Control; IT; Human Resources; Planning; Development Control; Conservation;
Street Cleansing; Benefits; Customer Relations; Community Safety; Regeneration;
Office Cleaning; Administrative; Housing and Refuse Collection.
Vacancies can arise at any time so keep an eye on the website for something
that may suit you.
For more information about West Lancashire and the Council, please visit our