1:1 Learning Support Assistant
Employer: Medway Schools | St Helen’s CE Primary School
- Reference: SHPS/17/39115
- Published on: Mon 17/07/2017 13:53 PM
- Closing on: Tue 05/09/2017 16:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Term Time, Temporary
- Hours: 22 hours per week.
- Salary: NJC Scale D2 Point 12-21 pro rata
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: St Helen's CE Primary School
1:1 Learning Support Assistant
Working pattern: Term Time, Part Time, Temporary
Hours: 22 hours per week. Monday – Friday
DBS Check: Enhanced
Location: St. Helen’s Church of England Primary School, Cliffe, Rochester, Kent
St. Helen’s Church of England Primary School is a friendly, single form entry, voluntary controlled school situated in the village of Cliffe on the Hoo Peninsula. We enjoy a peaceful, village location in a one storey building with extensive grounds.
Our school motto is “Playing together, learning together, growing together” and this is reinforced by the Christian ethos that underpins the school’s values.
We are at the heart of our community and use the strong links we have built up to provide context and depth to our wider learning objectives.
The children are proud of their school and their community and at St. Helen’s we provide a safe and productive learning environment for them to thrive and grow into confident contributing members of the community. We encourage our children to learn alongside and from each other. We seize upon cross curricular opportunities and make the most of our school grounds and village setting for supporting cross curricular learning to ensure that learning is memorable and fun.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced 1:1 Learning Support Assistant to provide support for a child with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) from September 2017. The role will involve working with the child in the classroom and supporting the learning as directed by the teacher as well as providing personal care.
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant who is:
- Experienced at working with children with Global Development Delay and emotional needs
- Able to make or modify resources as suggested by the class teacher, SENCo, Educational Psychologist or other outside agencies
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated
In return we can offer you:
- Enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
- A vibrant staff team
- Beautiful grounds and excellent resources
- Continuing Professional Development
- Supportive and caring parents and governors that want the best for our children
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the school office 01634 220246. To find out more about our school please visit our website http://www.sthelens.medway.sch.uk or contact the Head Teacher (01634 220246) for an informal discussion or email email@example.com
Please return completed application forms to the School Office, St. Helen’s Church of England Primary School, Church Street, Cliffe, Rochester, Kent. ME3 7PU or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Start Date: September 2017
Closing date: Tuesday 5th September at 4pm
Interviews: Friday 8th September
This school is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
How To Apply
Please complete application form and return to the school office