Islington Council is looking for a knowledgeable and experienced Information Manager to help the council meet its obligations in access to information legislations (Freedom of Information Act/Environmental Information Regulations/Data Protection Act) in accordance with statutory timescales. This role will play a vital part in helping to prepare the council in preparation for the General Data Protection Regulation.
The roles responsibilities include:
• Ensure compliance with relevant legislations, regulations, codes of practice or technical guidance in all matters relating to access to information.
• Provide specialist advice on matters relating to access to information within the Council.
• Provide specialist training to all levels of staff within the organisation on all matters relating to access information.
• Maintain, strategy, policies and processes and ensuring they are embedded across the organisation
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement to ensure we meet our statutory obligations
The role is part of the Information Governance and Business Support Team in Resources and reports to the Information Compliance Manager.
As a service we are open to change, invest in our staff and seek alignment with the council’s business needs.
If you would like to discuss the role informally please call Leila Ridley on 020 7527 8894.
When applying please respond to each of the requirements on the person specification as this will help you cover all the relevant points and assists with short listing.
Please note that there will be a test to assess suitability against aspects of the person specification.
The deadline for applications is Monday 29 May 2017 at 23:59
Interviews are scheduled for week commencing: 19 June 2017.