Accounts Receivable Specialist EC0692017
Employer: Birmingham City Council
- Reference: EC0692017
- Published on: Wed 04/01/2017 09:59 AM
- Closing on: Wed 18/01/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Temporary
- Hours: 36.5 hours.
- Salary: £19,238 - £24,717
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: 10 Woodcock Street, Aston, Birmingham, B7 4BL
Accounts Receivable Specialist £19,238 - £24,717 (Fixed Term until 31st March 2018) Woodcock Street, Birmingham, B2 2XU Working 36.5 hours a week. This post is within the Accounts Receivable section which is responsible for managing and recovering over £100m worth of Income. The purpose of this role is to work as part of the Debtors team responsible for delivering a quality Accounts Receivable Debt Collection service within a shared services environment and to provide support to the Team Manager and other team members within their functional area. You will be experienced in the following (but not exclusively); • Knowledge of legislation and/or financial regulations and procedures relating to Accounts Receivable, particularly Debt Recovery within a local authority environment or other large organisation.
• Ability to use Accounts Receivable software as well as other software applications in order to create and maintain Debtor or other information.
• Demonstrate ability to solve problems proactively and promptly within established procedures. You will be expected to have the; • Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of media including telephone, letter, email and effective inter-personal skills to maintain relationships.
• Ability to work in a pressurised environment in changing circumstances. You will also show; • Willingness to undergo appropriate training and development. For informal enquiries please contact Kevin Dunne, Accounts Receivable Team Manager 303 7235 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 18 January 2017
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken
“Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non UK and non EU applicants are required to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must be approved by the UK Border Agency (UKBA) before any employment offer can be confirmed.”
How To Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.