Adults Digital Engagement Manager - Kingston Upon Thames
Employer: Surrey County Council
- Reference: SCC/17/38768
- Published on: Tue 11/07/2017 15:10 PM
- Closing on: Wed 26/07/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Salary: £42,993 per annum for 36 hours per week
- DBS Check: No
- Location: County Hall, Penryhn Road, Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 2DN.
£42,993 per annum for 36 hours per week based at County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 2DW.
Flexible working supported where possible, laptop and mobile supplied. 24 days annual leave, local government salary-related pension offered, discounted child care vouchers as well as the option to join the car lease scheme. For more information, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Please note, if access to the GCSX (PSN) network is required for this role, a Basic Disclosure (DBS check) will be required to meet the Government Baseline Personnel Security Standards.
Adult Social Care is advertising an exciting role to lead the digital communications strategy for the directorate and help support the channel shift which is a national and local government priority to make efficiencies and improve customer experience.
Working in the Information and Engagement Team at County Hall, Kingston upon Thames, this is a business critical role in defining our digital communications offer and implementing improved online resources for residents, carers, family members and also professionals.
The digital communications strategy is one strand of the Surrey Information and Advice Strategy about care and support, ensuring residents can access universal information and find local support.
Key priorities for the role are:
- managing and improving Surrey County Council’s Adult Social Care web content with regular user testing with residents to improve navigation and overall customer experience;
- managing the social media calendar for Adult Social Care and Public Health;
- overseeing the ongoing development of Surrey Information Point website;
- helping the launch of new online resources and encourage residents to self serve and:
- working in partnership with health, local councils, the voluntary, community and faith sectors and care providers to access information about care and support.
You will need excellent knowledge of, and proven experience in, website management, web trends and digital innovation alongside a good understanding and knowledge of the social care sector.
You will have excellent IT skills and a sound level of technical knowledge with strong communication and influencing skills to articulate benefits of online resources and improved technologies to a wide range of stakeholders.
You must also understand legislation such as the Data Protection Act, information governance matters particularly in a social care environment and the requirements of the Care Act 2014 in relation to information and advice.
The role requires a collaborative style of working as engagement and building relationships with health, other external partners and teams across the council will be a substantial part of the job. You will line manage up to four members of staff providing strong leadership and support to meet the team’s priorities.
For further information on the role, or for an informal discussion, please contact Siobhan Abernethy on 01483 517257 or Siobhan.firstname.lastname@example.org
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 26th July 2017.
Interviews will take place 22nd and 23rd August.
How To Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.