Advice, Support and Information Officer - Woking
Employer: Surrey County Council
- Reference: SCC/17/40769
- Published on: Fri 11/08/2017 10:00 AM
- Closing on: Mon 28/08/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Full Time, Temporary
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Salary: £21,475 per annum for 36 hours per week
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Quadrant Court Woking, 35 Guildford Road, Woking, GU22 7QQ
This position is based inside one of our main area offices, click HERE to see a 360 degree view of the building and surrounding area along with a view of the reception.
£21,475 per annum for 36 hours per week based at Quadrant Court, Guildford Road, Woking, Surrey. You will be required to work from St Francis in Guildford on occasions. This is a 6 month fixed term contract.
Flexible working supported where possible. 24 days annual leave, local government salary-related pension offered, discounted child care vouchers as well as the option to join the car lease scheme. For more information, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in children and young people’s lives?
Surrey County Council is leading the way in the field of early help and prevention. On 5 October we launched 4 new Early Help Coordination Hubs, expanding the early help offer and preventative agenda at a time when preventative services across the country continue to be cut.
Surrey is committed to offering children and families support early in order to avoid them needing more intensive support later if issues escalate and we are committed to building on the successes of the services being integrated to create a service which will be highly regarded by OFSTED and nationally.
To manage this key area of work, we are looking for colleagues committed to family working and making a difference in the lives of children and young people. The Advice, Support and Information Officer will play a key role in proactively providing advice and information and also support the coordination of Early Help activity, tracking and monitoring. They will develop with the Family Information Service, a directory of services to support children and families at locality level.
If you would like to join us please submit your CV and personal statement clearly evidencing:
- Vocational Qualifications Level 2/3 or equivalent in relevant field with practical knowledge of service user group needs, or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of relevant legislation, processes and procedures and issues relating to the service user group.
- Ability to show an understanding of the circumstances of people with social care needs, to gather detailed and appropriate information and to reach a view about the likely source of assistance.
- Able to present options and choices and support others to come to their own conclusions
- Numeracy skills and the ability to understand and explain basic cost information.
- Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to build relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Competent in a range of IT tools including databases and MS Office.
- Ability to explain processes and concepts in simple terms and produce simple reports, and to build and maintain effective relationships with a range of people.
- Able to plan and prioritise own work in the context of conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly as part of a team
- Ability to guide and support less experienced or more junior colleagues.
- Experience of working with the user group.
- Satisfactory DBS clearance required.
For an informal discussion contact Karen Cunningham on 07972 081235.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 28 August 2017.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 13 September 2017.
How To Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.