Employer: Oxford City Council
- Reference: 00726
- Published on: Fri 17/02/2012 16:10 PM
- Closing on: Fri 02/03/2012 16:30 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Weekends, Contract
- Hours: 37
- Salary: Grade 2 - £15,039 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: OX1 1BX
Oxford is known throughout the world for its long history of academic excellence, its architectural and cultural heritage, as well as its innovative, contemporary achievements in scholarship, literature, manufacturing, publishing, medicine and science. Oxford City Council employs over 1,200 people who are helping achieve the Council’s goal of building a world class city for everyone. Our people support the City’s communities with services to promote Oxford’s reputation and maintain its growth as a world class city. Oxford City Council provides a friendly yet hardworking environment for employees to develop and good career opportunities for individuals to grow.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To carry out all aspects of grounds maintenance in keeping with good horticultural practice to specified standards.
- To use and maintain a full range of horticultural equipment, including ride-on machinery.
- To drive Council vehicles as required, at all times adhering to the City Council’s Driver’s Handbook.
- To ensure compliance with the City Council’s Health and Safety Policy and the Health and Safety at Work (1974) Act.
- To deal with members of the public in a courteous and professional manner.
- To be fully conversant with the Quality System and specification for successful completion of all work.
- Any other duties as detailed by the relevant Supervisor or Manager, commensurate with the grade of the post.
You will be required to attend college to gain an NVQ in horticulture.
- Basic level of literacy.
- Basic level of numeracy.
- Full driving licence essential.
The clearly defined Essential and Desirable criteria are included in the full Job Description below under the headings Qualifications & Experience, Technical Knowledge/Skills and Behavioural Skills, please read this carefully.