Advertiser: London Borough of Hounslow
- Reference: R0002389
- Published on: Thu 10/08/2017 14:35 PM
- Closing on: Mon 28/08/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Temporary
- Salary: £32,628 - £35,286 (Pro-Rata)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Hounslow
Part-Time, 21.6 hours per week working 3 days
Fixed- Term until 2 years
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance. To find out more please visit: http://hounslowciviccentre.org.uk/
The Skills and Employment team works with local residents to support them into employment, apprenticeships and traineeships. We have good links with businesses to support with recruitment needs and offer upskilling to residents in low paid work. We offer a wide range of apprenticeship programmes within the council to residents as well as supporting the external apprenticeship programme.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations and delivery of the Hounslow Council internal apprenticeship, traineeship and work experience programme
- Monitoring effectiveness and quality of all aspects of the programme, including placements, training provision, support for supervisors and liaising with internal and external partners
- Liaison with supervisor, training providers, HR and others involved in the delivery of the programme, ensuring regular communications and contact
- To take a lead role in the organisation and delivery of key events, such as recruitment and screening workshops, annual award ceremonies and other events.
- Problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- IT skills including word, outlook and excel
- Excellent organisational skills
Essential for the Role
(QUALIFICATIONS OR MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE BEFORE APPLYING)_No specific prior qualifications. In depth knowledge and skills of apprenticeships. Experience of building internal and external relationships with partners. Evidence of recording and monitoring programmes or projects. Previous experience of organising and or planning of apprenticeship events.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact email@example.com or 020 8583 6014
To apply, please visit our website to view the Job Description and Person Spec.
It is our practice that any offer of employment will be made at the bottom of our pay scale.
Closing date: Monday 28th August 2017
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 4th September 2017