Assistant Finance Officers (Apprentices) x 2
Employer: Estuary Housing Association
- Reference: VAC001295563
- Published on: Thu 10/08/2017 17:45 PM
- Closing on: Fri 18/08/2017 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Hours: 35 hours per week. 35 hours per week, including college attendance.
- Salary: National minimum wage or national living wage of £4.05 - £7.50 per hour (depending on age)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Registered Office - Southend-on-Sea
We have an exciting opportunity for two apprentices to join our Finance team for a period of 12 months. The key duties of these roles will involve supporting the Payments and Payroll functions.
This will include providing support to the Finance Officer – Payments in the maintenance of the purchase ledger function and the payment of suppliers and contractors, and assisting the Payroll team in processing the weekly and monthly payrolls for the Association, also assisting with processing sales ledger invoices and other tasks as required.
This is an apprenticeship opportunity for a 12-month fixed term contract, where you will also be working towards a Level 2 AAT qualification.
Training is both ongoing and comprehensive; you will receive full internal and external training in all aspects of your job role and will attend sessions at college as required.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets / Excel.
- An understanding of the work carried out by a Finance department.
- Ability to work confidently and reliably with numbers and financial information.
- A careful and conscientious approach to work.
- Reliable and accurate keyboard operator.
- Personal qualities:
- Able to create and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to understand, identify and respond to the needs of customers.
- Commitment to delivering excellence in customer service at all times.
- Good general standard of education (including Mathematics).
- Flexible approach to work, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Qualifications required:
- A*-C grades or equivalents in English and Maths
This vacancy is being managed by our learning provider, Southend Adult Community College. To apply or find out more about this role, please visit the National Apprenticeship website using the link below.
Alternatively, you can contact Southend Adult Community College on 01702 445736 or via email to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is midday on Friday 18th August 2017.
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 21st August.
Estuary Housing Association is an equal opportunities employer.