Assistant Health and Safety Advisor
- Reference: CHAS742
- Published on: Wed 15/12/2010 01:00 AM
- Closing on: Thu 06/01/2011 17:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Hours: 37 hours per week (fixed-term for 6 months)
- Salary: JG7:- £25,472 p.a.
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Based at the Town Hall, Weston-super-Mare
Are you enthusiastic, motivated and able to take people with you while delivering the Health and Safety message?
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Health and Safety Advisor for our busy Health and Safety Section. The role will be vital in assisting the team with the provision of an efficient and effective health and safety service for the council. The post will cover the diverse range of Health, Safety and Welfare issues that apply across both Schools and Corporate Directorates. You will help provide a professional service to the local authority on all areas of Health and Safety; including policy and procedures, risk assessments, workplace audits, accident investigations and training.
You will have demonstrable post qualification experience in a similar Health and Safety advisory role. You will have a minimum of NEBOSH Certificate and be a Technician member of IOSH (or equivalent).
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitations of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check.
Want to find out more? Please contact Nicola Watkins, Health and Safety Advisor, on 01275 884 675 or e-mail .
Anticipated interview date: Tuesday 18 and Wednesday 19 January 2011
The benefits of working for North Somerset Council:
- Final salary pension
- Generous holidays
- Travel allowances
- A strong commitment to work-life balance
- All the benefits of a best practice employer
- A diverse organisation with opportunities for career development
- Flexible working times – including flexi-time, part-time, job share, term-time only
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer
We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.