Assistant Street Works Manager
Management Grouping: Regeneration, Communities & Customer Services
Department: Public Realm Management
Hours: 36 per week
Salary: £26,667 - £30,480 per annum plus Essential Car Allowance
An exciting opportunity exists for you to lead and manage the Council’s Street Works Permit Team. We are looking to recruit an Assistant Street Works Manager to operate the London Permit Scheme and manage the Boroughs road network.
An understanding of the New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA), the London Permit Scheme (LoPS) and the Traffic Management Act is desirable together with experience in coordination and operational support environment, however training will be provided.
Experience of managing staff in a complex and fast moving environment is essential.
Excellent written and verbal customer service and communication skills are essential as you will be liaising with colleagues, other internal departments, Utility companies, Council Members and members of the public, with an aim of minimising disruption resulting from street works. A proven ability in dealing with finance and producing accurate reports will be expected.
The candidate should also have versatile IT skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications as well as being able to adapt to a range of bespoke IT systems and databases (Symology, Eton etc.). You will be required to show initiative and work on your own as well as part of a team.
A minimum of 3 GCSE’s grade C passes (or equivalent) should be held including English, Maths, and preferably an IT qualification.
If you would like an informal discussion about this exciting opportunity prior to your application please call Sophie Cornell, Street Works Manager on 020 3045 4517.
What we offer:
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- Career average revalued earnings pension scheme
- Performance related pay
- Up to 25 days annual leave (rising to 28 after 5 years service) plus bank holiday entitlement
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Access to Cycle to work scheme
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
- Closing Date for your application: 26/01/2017
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
Bexley Council is committed to a policy of equality and diversity for all staff regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability or any other factor. Our Diversity Policy demonstrates a commitment to all job applicants. Our aims are to:
• promote equality of opportunity
• eliminate unlawful discrimination, and
• promote good relations between people from different backgrounds
We are committed to ensuring that employees who have a disability are given every possible assistance in the workplace, and have achieved the ‘Positive about Disabled People’ award, which gives all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria in the person specification the opportunity to be interviewed.