Oadby and Wigston Borough Council is currently looking for a Building Control Contractor to work with the Council for a period of 2-3 months commencing in the new year. Oadby and Wigston is a small borough, 9 miles by 9 miles. The person will need to have previous experience in a Building Control Environment, be knowledgeable of building control matters in order to make a difference within the team early on and be able to work on their own initiative. Being able to effectively examine building design plans and associated documentation and inspect works on site throughout the construction process will form a key part of the role.
Working as an integral part of our small Building Control Team you will have a busy and varied workload which will require the ability to:
- process applications and carry out site visits in an efficient, effective and lawful manner
- ensure development complies with current legislation,
- liaise with Councillors, developers and applicants
- give advice on the design and construction of buildings and associated legislation to a variety of customers such as the general public, architects, engineers and contractors,
- initiate enforcement action including investigation, evidence gathering and appearances in court as an expert witness, and
- assess potential dangerous structures and buildings to initiate and supervise remedial works or demolition.
You must hold a full driving licence and have access to your own vehicle.
For more information about this opportunity please refer to our website www.oadby-wigston.gov.uk/jobs or contact a member of the HR team on 01162 888961.
In order to be considered, CV’s should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . CV’s received after Wed 11th January 2017 are unlikely to be considered. Interview date W/c 16th January 2017.