Operations and Support Service
Based at Pinecroft and Cressingham Children’s Units
Pinecroft is a residential service offering high quality long-term care for children and young people aged 8-18 years with complex needs and learning disabilities.
Cressingham is a short break service offering overnight support to children and young people aged 5-18 years with complex needs and learning disabilities.
The staff team support the young people to enable them to lead as full a life as possible. Our aim is to empower young people to achieve and develop skills that will give them a solid foundation to succeed.
We further aim to promote social inclusion to access everyday opportunities and community participation.
The Business Administrator is the first point of contact for many service users/carers and must demonstrate that they are proactive, organised and efficient in dealing with challenging demands in an active and busy environment.
There will be a variety of skills to undertake, including the following:
- Dealing directly with customers by telephone and in person, answering calls/message taking.
- Using and assisting with data entry on to the electronic document management systems.
- Taking responsibility for dealing with purchase ordering and dealing with incoming invoices in respect of services or goods required for the team.
- Word Processing of confidential reports.
- General administrative office duties.
You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Good IT skills (Outlook, Word & Excel) and be a competent typist.
- An ability to organise and prioritise work and meet
- pre-determined deadlines.
- Excellent demonstrable interpersonal skills and confident on
- the telephone.
- An understanding of strict confidentiality.
- An ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative.
- An ability to remain calm and professional in different situations.
- A commitment and experience of providing a high standard of customer service both to service users and to supported teams.
Internal Reading Borough Council employees must login via Employee Self Service to apply. If you have not yet been issued with your Employee Self Service account, or you have any queries, please email
Visit http://www.reading.gov.uk/jobsearch for more details on how to apply online. Alternatively, call the Recruitment Team on 0118 937 2039 (24 hour answerphone) quoting the job reference number and the job title of the post you are interested in.
Please do not send a CV: for the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Closing date: 1 June 2017
Interviews: w/c 12 June 2017