New Directions - www.newdirectionsreading.ac.uk
New Directions is Reading Borough Council’s Community Learning and Skills service.
At New Directions we pride ourselves on not turning people away, and helping individuals progress on their journey whatever their personal goals. Ofsted judged the service as ‘Good’ in 2011 and 2015.
We’re a small friendly team with an ambitious plan for the future which includes leading apprenticeship provision for the entire council following the introduction of the levy in April. We’re also developing higher education access pathways which will commence in the Autumn 2017.
- Will lead on business development for the service.
- Identify, develop and implement new business initiatives.
- Maximise the income received from current sources.
- Identify new funding opportunities and complete bid applications.
- Develop partnerships that enable the delivery of services more efficiently/cost effectively.
- Raise the profile of the service within the Council and the broader learning marketplace through co-ordinated publicity and advertising.
- Maintain an effective network of partners and relationships with other organisations/stakeholders and work with our design agency to produce the course guide/prospectus.
- Lead the development of our social media presence.
- Be a qualified fundraiser or have demonstrable experience with a proven track record, with excellent organisational and communication skills, ideally with experience of working within a post compulsory education or political environment.
For further information, please contact Barry Wren, Principal on 07841 271872.
Closing date: Midnight, 20 June 2017
Interview date: 3 July 2017
How To Apply
For an application pack to apply for the role please contact Lorraine Jorge by emailing
or calling 0118 937 5250.