New Directions - www.newdirectionsreading.ac.uk
New Directions is Reading Borough Council’s Community Learning and Skills service.
At New Directions we pride ourselves on not turning people away, and helping individuals progress on their journey whatever their personal goals. Ofsted judged the service as ‘Good’ in 2011 and 2015.
We’re a small friendly team with an ambitious plan for the future which includes leading Apprenticeship provision for the entire council following the introduction of the levy in April. We’re also developing higher education access pathways which will commence in the Autumn 2017.
- Lead the business support team/function.
- Be responsible for Data, HR and Finance functions and will lead on the service’s complex grant funded finances.
- Report a range of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on a monthly basis.
- Line Manage the Finance and HR Officer, Data Officer and Enrolment Officer and work with our outsourced data management provider WMS (TERMS).
- Implement auditable policies, systems and processes.
- Be comfortable and confident handling numerical data.
- Have the skills to present and provide complex information/concepts to others.
- Lead activities to improve service levels/efficiency.
You will have a finance or management qualification or have demonstrable experience with a proven track record, with excellent organisational and communication skills, ideally with experience of working within a post compulsory education environment.
For further information, please contact Carmen Balanza-Davis, Assistant Principal on 07813 621 901.
Closing date: Midnight 20 June 2017
Interview date: 3 July 2017
How To Apply
For an application pack to apply for the role please contact Lorraine Jorge by emailing
or calling 0118 937 5250.