CARE AND SUPPORT ENABLER (LEARNING DISABILITIES)
- Reference: J367
- Published on: Thu 23/10/2014 11:49 AM
- Closing on: Sat 22/11/2014 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Permanent
- Hours: Bank
- Salary: £7.65 per hour
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: EX17 3EN
We are currently looking for Care and Support Enablers who are dedicated, caring and passionate about supporting people to live independent lives. We are keen to hear from reliable, flexible individuals who are comfortable working out in the community, providing a person centred service to enable our customers to live positive, independent lives. We provide full training so even if you have never worked in care before you can make a difference to other people’s lives.
We are looking for people who can be flexible to work shifts between 7am to 10pm, on a 7 day rota basis. If you would like an initial chat with our local manager please call Simon Phillimore on 07710 922519 to find out if this is the right opportunity for you.
In return for your hard work and commitment we offer a rewarding job with excellent benefits including 28 days holiday, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, 24 hour support to all employees, alongside on-going outstanding accredited training.
Key duties will include:
- Personal care including washing and bathing.
- Enhancing the social and emotional wellbeing of customers.
- Creating a comfortable and stimulating environment for customers.
- Assisting with ancillary duties as necessary.
- Maintaining accurate customer records.
- Promoting customer involvement in shaping and monitoring services.
- Ensuring customer care plans and risk assessments are followed.
You must be able to:
- Demonstrate a sensitive and supportive approach to vulnerable people maintaining their dignity and self respect at all times.
- Ensure that decisions are made in the best interest of the person you are supporting.
- Be able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Adopt a flexible approach to working hours within a shift rota system.
- Be willing to train towards NVQ Level 2.
If you are interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please apply on line or call 07710 922519 directly to arrange an interview.
A member of The Guinness Partnership, Guinness Care & Support is a charitable organisation that specialises in services for older people and people with learning disabilities. Our staff are hard-working and enthusiastic. We all want to provide great person centred service to enable our customers to live positive, independent lives. In return we offer a rewarding job with excellent benefits alongside outstanding accredited training and management development.