Casual Swimming Teacher (Level 2)
Employer: Bracknell Forest Council
- Reference: BLC/17/5421
- Published on: Fri 14/07/2017 12:35 PM
- Closing on: Sun 20/08/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Weekends, Contract
- Hours: Casual hours.
- Salary: £15.46 per hour weekdays, £18.68 per hour weekends
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Bracknell Leisure Centre
Bracknell Leisure Centre is looking for enthusiastic, driven Swim Instructors to join our team.
As a Swim Instructor you will be expected to run sessions effectively and efficiently, setting up and maintaining equipment, undertaking appropriate administration and adhering to safeguarding and company policies.
Competitive rates of pay
Small class sizes
A fun and exciting working environment
Developed swim school
Skill set required:
Level 2 Teaching Aquatics Qualification
Ideally the candidate will hold, in addition to the teaching qualification, a valid RLSS NRASTC award or the STA Pool Emergency Award.
Professional, punctual and well-organised person responsible for the implementation, development and organisation of swimming classes
Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the swimming lesson programme
Good communicator, both written and verbal - particularly in relation to building trust and rapport with children and their parents
Experience of successfully mentoring/supporting colleagues
Understanding of relevant health and safety legislation
This role is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
If you are looking to start or further your career in swimming, with a dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Enquiries to Sally Dawes on 01344 355416
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How To Apply
Please apply online (see below).
- Please read the Application Pack before you apply for this job. It contains information that you will need to refer to when applying. Not referring to this information is likely to reduce your chances of success.
- Bracknell Leisure Centre are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff working with children/young people will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.