Employer: Salvation Army
- Reference: V02296 & V02298
- Published on: Tue 03/01/2017 16:16 PM
- Closing on: Tue 24/01/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: £ 33,780.72 plus £2,500 London Weighing Allowance
- DBS Check: No
- Location: The Salvation Army THQ, 99-101 Newington Causeway. London, SE1 6BN
We are looking for two procurement professionals to join us as Category Buyers (Property & Facilities and General Indirects) and assist in developing multiple category strategies, deliver value for money and achieve our strategic aims.
The Salvation Army (TSA) are experiencing an exciting period of change as part of the Fit For Mission programme. The main aim of the programme is to ensure that TSA remains dynamic and that they have the organisational structure and ways of working that enables full focus on delivery of front line mission in the most effective and efficient way.
One of the new initiatives that has been put in place to support the Fit For Mission objectives is the formation of a new Procurement Unit. Following the recent appointment of two Category Managers, joining the Head of Procurement and the Operational Procurement team, TSA are now looking to recruit two enthusiastic Category Buyers (Property & Facilities and General Indirects) to complete the team. These roles will provide an excellent opportunity for experienced procurement professionals to join TSA and help develop their UKI procurement function.
- Assist in developing and delivering multiple category strategies in conjunction with all relevant business areas to ensure alignment, deliver value for money and achieve the strategic aims of The Salvation Army (TSA)
- Contribute to the delivery of the strategic direction for Procurement, working with stakeholders in the relevant areas of TSA to achieve the best value for the organisation whilst managing procurement risk.
The successful candidate will be:
- A procurement professional who is MCIPS qualified, or working towards this qualification, and ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
- A sourcing expert, experienced in running tenders for a variety of different goods and services across the category and delivering savings against individual targets
- Experienced in their relevant category area and category management in general, as well as having excellent communication and influencing skills and outstanding analytical and problem solving skills.
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays; a contributory pension scheme; season ticket loan; Childcare Voucher Scheme; and an employee assistance programme.
These roles are based in London but candidates must be available to travel to other TSA sites and to suppliers as required. Appointment subject to satisfactory references and right to work for the UK.
For further details and to apply please visit The Salvation Army’s website.
Closing date: 24th January 2017
Interview date: 6th or 7th February 2017
CVs will not be accepted
Promoting equality in the workplace