Position: Communications Co-ordinator
Accountable to: Development Manager
Hours: Part-time, 20 hours per week
Salary: £18,000 pro-rata per annum.
Location: Based in Oxford, with the option to travel to Swindon, Buckinghamshire and
London on occassion.
One-Eighty is a psychology based behaviour support charity for children and young people (aged 4-18) and their families. We support children and young people who struggle to manage their behaviour as a result of family breakdown, abuse, other traumatic events or familial mental health.
This is a key role within One-Eighty to ensure the charity has a strong and engaging presence both offline and online.
We want someone who knows how to effectively use social media (i.e. facebook, instagram, online newsletters, websites) to raise awareness and to get people excited about One-Eighty.
We want someone who can clerly articulate their ideas, and project manage communications from One-Eighty out to the public.
We want someone who can produce appealing images that can be put on the internet to present our message.
We want someone who can think about the different types of audience we want to communicate to.
If this sounds like something you can do, we want to hear from you!
This is a part-time role (20 hours) with the option to travel across Oxfordshire, London, Buckinghamshire and Swindon. Some evening or weekend work may be necessary to attend key marketing events.
If you feel you have appropriate skills and experience, this role can be combined with the Volunteer Co-ordinator role (also advertised on our website and on jobsgopublic.com) to create a full-time position.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative and also work as part of a team
- Abide by organisation policies and practice, and the charity’s values
- Strong administrative and organisations skills with the capacity to pay close attention to detail and deliver to deadlines
- Excellent written communication skills including the ability to write accurate and engaging content for a variety of audiences and purposes
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with a wide range of people, both in person and over the telephone
- Ability to multi-task, to organise and prioritise a busy workload and work to tight deadlines
- Proactivity in suggesting areas for improvement, potential for new campaigns and confidence in presenting ideas to senior management
- Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity
- Administrative and IT skills – ability to maintain records and produce clear written and oral reports, keen attention to details and accurate data entry skills
- Positive, friendly, confident and enthusiastic attitude/manner
- An interest in the charity sector
Got any questions about the role? Please do give us a call as we love to hear from applicants - contact Rebekah Sammut on 01865 23 68 69.