Community Housing Adviser
Employer: Action Hampshire
- Reference: AH/17/36535
- Published on: Mon 12/06/2017 12:10 PM
- Closing on: Fri 30/06/2017 09:00 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Temporary
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: £30,773 - £32,648
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Hampshire
2 year, fixed term contract (secondment would be considered)
The Community–led Housing Programme is a new initiative, funded by local authorities with a high incidence of second home ownership, and is intended to “enable local community groups to deliver affordable housing units of mixed tenure on sites which are likely to be of little interest to mainstream housebuilders and will thereby contribute to the overall national effort to boost housing supply”. The relevant local authorities in Hampshire have agreed to form a Community Housing Partnership and to pool a percentage of their allocations to fund this new role.
The Community Housing Adviser (CHA) will be employed by Action Hampshire, an independent local organisation that already employs Rural Housing Enablers (RHEs), and works directly with Hampshire communities. The CHA’s role will be to enable community-led housing to be built and will be complementary to that of the RHEs. The CHA and the RHEs have an impartial role in the process for developing affordable housing and are able to act as ‘honest brokers’ between all parties.
- able to build relationships quickly and communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences, organisations and individuals?
- able to initiate ideas and think and operate flexibly, often to critical deadlines?
- educated to degree level or equivalent?
Do you have:
- an understanding of current policies and issues related to housing in communities, including planning and community development?
- experience of community engagement and development?
- excellent communication and presentation skills?
To apply click the link below or contact the Admin Team on 01962 854971.
For an informal conversation about this role, please call Sue Dovey, Chief Executive, on 01962 857368.
Action Hampshire is an equal opportunities employer. Registered Charity No. 1053806. Company No. 3162873. VAT Reg. No. 568 5238 06.