Control Room Operator
Employer: Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
- Reference: PES008-1706
- Published on: Fri 19/05/2017 16:30 PM
- Closing on: Mon 22/05/2017 10:10 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 12 hour shifts on a rota system of 4 days on, 4 days off including weekends and bank holidays.
- Salary: £18,698 – £21,441 pa, plus 20% shift allowance
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Town Hall, St Ives Road, Maidenhead , Berkshire
You will be working within defined procedures to help deliver efficient 24/7 Control Room services on behalf of the Council, including monitoring and operating the CCTV system(s), radio system(s), help points and bollards.
Providing support for the Council’s out of hours’ service, emergency planning response and site security, you will work with external and internal stakeholders to gather intelligence and provide information and evidence from the Council’s systems in accordance with its ‘Code of Practice’ and Procedures Manual.
You will be responsible for:
- maintaining the Emergency Operations Centre and respond to any emergency in accordance with procedures
- undertaking all necessary associated administrative tasks relating to the role
- dealing with officers from all Directorates in person, by telephone and by radio.
In additon to this, you will also have contact with members of the public by telephone and police officers personally, by radio and by telephone.
You will also have contact with Elected Members of the Council, with officers and Members from other local authorities, with participants in Community Radio schemes and visitors to the Control Room from various organisations.
You must have exemplary communication, observational and concentration skills and be able to cope with stressful situations.
A willingness to work unsociable hours including nights, weekends and bank holidays is essential.
You must also be willing to be trained to obtain a Security Industry Authority licence (or have already done so).
For further information contact Steve Johnson, Enforcement Principal on 01628 683555.
RBWM has the responsibility for and is committed to safeguarding children young people and vulnerable adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm. You will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and will be required to obtain Security Check and Non-Police Personal Vetting Clearance.
Closing date: 4 June 2017
Interviews: w/c 12 June 2017