Employer: Waverley Borough Council
- Reference: CA
- Published on: Tue 26/05/2015 09:59 AM
- Closing on: Tue 09/06/2015 09:59 AM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Full Time, Temporary
- Hours: 35
- Salary: Starting salary £142 per week
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Godalming in SW Surrey
Are you under 24 years old?
Would you like to work outside and do a practical job?
Are you looking to kick-start an Environmental Conservation career?
Do you have previous experience of working in the countryside (e.g. as a volunteer), the ability to work outside undertaking practical tasks and a full driving license? Are you reliable, punctual and committed to working with a friendly team offering high quality customer service to members of the public?
If this sounds like you then this is your perfect opportunity!
This role will offer you the experience, training and qualifications you need to help develop a career in Environmental Conservation. Working as part of a team you will assist the Countryside Rangers in conserving local countryside, enhancing public access, managing biodiversity and undertaking general site duties plus:
- You will be supported to complete an NVQ in Environmental Conservation through attendance, averaging one day a week, at Merrist Wood College, an award winning outdoor education college near Guildford.
- A starting salary of £142 per week
- Up to 2 years paid work experience
- Paid holiday of 22 days a year, plus Bank Holidays
For an informal chat about the post, please contact David Olliver, Senior Countryside Ranger, on 01483 523422 or email
To find out more download a form from the Application Options below or alternatively call 01483 523388 (24 hours) or email
Strictly no agencies please.
We do not accept CV’s without a completed application form.
Closing date for applications: 9.00am on Tuesday 23 June 2015.
Interview date: Wednesday 1 July 2015.
Please note we do not accept applications after the time given on the closing date.
- Equal Opportunities Downloadable
- Equal Opportunities - Emailable
- Pay Scales April 2015
- Guidance Notes
- Job Desc / Person Spec
- Extra Information