Customer Services Officer
Advertiser: London Borough of Hounslow
- Reference: R0002294
- Published on: Fri 16/06/2017 11:30 AM
- Closing on: Sun 02/07/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Salary: £22,506 – £26,805
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Hounslow
Permanent and Fixed term up to 31 March 2018.
Do you have strong communication skills along with a drive to improve service?
We are looking for customer service officers with experience of providing an efficient, accurate, right-first-time and comprehensive information service to the residents and businesses of Hounslow.
You will be the first point of contact dealing with a variety of requests covering council services via face to face, the telephone and online access points and have the ability to interpret information quickly using various ICT systems to log, book and track requests.
Do you have experience of a busy customers service centre ideally within local government or a similar organisation that demands service excellence? Our service centre is open 7:45-18:00 Monday to Friday and you will be required to work 36 hours per week on a rota basis to cover these hours.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out as follows:
· To be able to speak with confidence and accuracy, demonstrating appropriate skills in spoken English for the effective performance of the tasks required for this role.
· To be able to listen to customers, understand their needs and tailor their response in a way that demonstrates a high level of customer care, even in complex or difficult situations.