Deputy Head Teacher
Employer: Walsall Metropolitan Borough Council
- Reference: TV33311
- Published on: Wed 08/02/2012 23:59 PM
- Closing on: Sun 11/03/2012 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: Group 2 ISR Level 4-8
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Walsall
St Mary of the Angels Catholic Primary School
Aldridge, WS9 0HA
Head teacher Mrs C. O’Hara
Recognising and celebrating the presence of Christ in one another
Required for September 2012 / NOR 204
Due to the retirement of our current Deputy Head Teacher, the Governors seek to appoint an enthusiastic, successful practising Catholic with a strong sense of faith, which is evident in their attitude towards leadership, supporting others and raising standards. The successful candidate will form part of the Leadership team, working in partnership with the Head teacher to further develop the needs of the pupils in this happy, child centred school. We are a popular one form entry Catholic Primary school with a Nursery, situated in Aldridge, West Midlands.
We are looking for a leader and team player who can:
- enhance the Catholic life of the school further, through secure knowledge of the teachings of the faith and a dedication to the mission statement
- continue to raise and challenge the teaching and learning styles within school to best suit the needs of the children
- relate easily and sensitively to others- both children and adults
- strive for excellence in all areas of the curriculum and behaviour
- celebrate and value individual differences and demonstrate an inclusive approach.
- strengthen home school parish and community links for the good of the children and the community in which they live.
In return, we can offer you:
- extensive professional development opportunities working closely with the Head teacher and governors
- polite, responsive, happy children
- a caring supportive staff willing to work hard and adapt to the needs of their pupils
- the chance to be part of the close community of St Mary of the Angels
St. Mary of the Angels is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced CRB check.
Interested applicants are invited to visit school. Please contact the school office to make an appointment. Applications packs are also available via school.
- Closing date for applications: Monday 12th March
- Lesson Observations to take place in the week beginning 19th March
- Short Listing: Thursday 22nd March
- Interviews: Wednesday 28th March