Drama Teacher at Kingford Community School
Employer: London Borough of Newham | Education
- Reference: Kingsford Community School
- Published on: Wed 11/05/2011 14:00 PM
- Closing on: Mon 23/05/2011 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: £27,000 - £36,387
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Kingsford Community School, Kingsford Way, E6 5JG 020 7476 4700
“Seeking excellence, success & opportunity in an inspiring community where students and learning come first”
- * A fully inclusive school in the heart of the redeveloping Docklands region of East London
Head Teacher Joan Deslandes MA
Identified as a School that is ‘Good with Outstanding Features’ by OFSTED
we provide a solid infrastructure of support and care for our school community.
plus Inner London Allowance – to commence September 2011
This vibrant 11-16 school with a roll of 1500 has excellent facilities in all subject areas. It is committed to high quality inclusive education and some fifty per cent of students are multi-lingual. The school has achieved a range of nationally accredited awards.
We are seeking a well qualified, innovative and enthusiastic Drama teacher, to assist within our Creative Arts Learning Area.
For this post, we are looking to appoint someone who:
• Is talented, dynamic and an ambitious teacher, who can build on the success of Learning Area
• Has experience of teaching Drama at KS3 and KS4
• Can inspire and lead high quality teaching and learning
• Can engage pupils of all needs and abilities and raise standards.
We can offer:
• A committed and successful Learning Area Team
• Encouragement for innovation and creativity
Previous experience of a role in an educational setting is essential. The successful candidate will have to meet the person specification in order to be offered the post and will be subject to an enhanced CRB check. Only applications submitted on the schools agreed application form will be considered.
Kingsford Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in accordance with DFE Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment regulations. The school expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is open to both experienced, ASTs and newly qualified teachers.
To download an application form for this vacancy, please visit the school’s website: http://www.kingsfordschool.com/vacancies.cfm
For any further queries regarding this vacancy, please e-mail: or telephone on 020 7476 4700, ext. 203.
Closing date: Monday 23rd May 2011