Islington is one of the most exciting and dynamic parts of London and is experiencing rapid growth in housing and employment. Islington’s Town Centres are playing a key role in supporting this growth and the Council’s wider emerging regeneration and economic development agenda.
The Council's Planning & Development Division plays a key role in driving the Council’s economic regeneration and supporting the town centre economy.
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter to lead the Council’s Town Centre Development Team in support of the emerging regeneration and economic development agenda.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- lead on the delivery of town centre initiatives that are fully aligned to the Council’s wider corporate priorities, policies and programmes with a focus on supporting economic development and regeneration, place-making, promoting skills and employment, and community cohesion and safety;
- have substantial experience in successfully developing, commissioning and delivering a range of strategic town centre initiatives that support local business and enhance residents and visitors experience of our town centres;
- be able to develop and drive successful partnerships, including with town centre management groups, the Police, Transport for London and other statutory bodies;
- have excellent communication, negotiation and project management skills, and have the ability to assess and act upon local need; and
- attract inward investment from external sources and maximise on the funding opportunities available.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in the above areas of responsibility and have a qualification in regeneration, project management or a related discipline to degree level or equivalent with a proven track record of successful post qualification practice.
You must be resilient, enjoy working in a fast paced environment and work well under pressure and to tight deadlines. A crucial part of this role will be your ability to work positively with stakeholders, the local community and elected Members to deliver projects in line with the Council’s priorities.
Closing date: Sunday 29 January 2017 at 23:59
Interview date: Week commencing 13 February 2017
Applicants are encouraged to contact Martijn Cooijmans on 020 7527 2776 for a confidential discussion about this role prior to applying.