Guinness Property is a repairs and maintenance contractor owned by the social housing provider, The Guinness Partnership. We support the social housing sector through the provision of Responsive Repairs, Void Repairs, Planned Works and Major Projects.
We currently have an opportunity for 2 enthusiastic, pro-active and experienced Electrical Contract Managers to join our Planned Electrical Works team in Oldham on a permanent, full time basis.
- Deliver a planned and pro-active customer orientated service providing value for money.
- Undertake inspections of jobs, to specify work in accordance with all relevant regulations and best practice and to provide audits of work, to ensure quality standards are being maintained and take corrective action as necessary.
- Ensure the companies obligations relating to electrical compliance, Health and Safety and other statutory regulations are adhered to.
- Appoint where necessary approved subcontractors and monitor performance and compliance within approved status. Providing regular performance reports and escalating risks and issues promptly.
- Contribute to the procurement and evaluation of electrical contracts and develop the contract specification as required. Ensure these contracts support compliance with legislation, regulations and best practice.
- Actively participate in establishing, maintaining and regularly reviewing policy, procedures and processes to deliver cost effective services and address key areas of risk.
- Keep up to date with improvements and innovations in the electrical sector, in regards to methods, solutions, products and tools and to utilise this knowledge effectively.
- NICEIC Qualified Supervisor
- Experience of delivering an excellent customer focussed service
- Experience of repairs management information systems
- Knowledge of current regulations and standards relating to electrical compliance and Fire Alarm and Emergency lighting installations
- Ability to manage operational teams
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Able to demonstrate Guinness behavioural competencies
- Able to demonstrate Guinness Leadership and Management Standards
- City & Guilds 236 Part I & II or City & Guilds Level 2, Level 3 & NVQ Level 3
- City & Guilds 17th Edition 3rd amendment
- City & Guild 2391 or City & Guilds 2394 & 2395 Inspection & Testing
- Fire Detection & Alarm Systems Foundation
- Fire Detection & Alarm Systems Installation
- Fire Detection & Alarm Systems Commissioning
- Fire Detection & Alarm Systems Maintenance
- Experience of working as part of a management team delivering front line services
- Experience of change management
Closing date: Friday 20th January at 5pm
This is an exciting time at Guinness Property and is a great opportunity for the right people to join a fast-growing, dynamic, forward-thinking company which is committed to its customers and employees.