Salary – £29,370 rising to £30,458 after probation period per annum
Base Location: Irving court, Oldham
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
We are looking for an approved Electrician to join Guinness Property in Oldham.
You will be working as part of our Planned Works Team for Kitchens, covering our properties in the West & East Regions. You will be expected to be able to work on your own initiative, within agreed performance targets, and possess the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Previous experience working in a social housing environment and on domestic properties would be a distinct advantage.
This position is primarily site based working out of the Oldham depot and will involve travelling to sites in and around Manchester and Chesterfield. As such, a full and valid UK Driving License is essential for this role but a vehicle will be provided by Guinness Property for work use.
- Ability to install service and maintain appropriate systems and appliances in commercial and domestic premises as well as carry out programmed maintenance and servicing in commercial and domestic premises.
- Conduct relevant, testing, safety inspection reports, electrical certification, fault finding, remedial and rectification works.
- Be responsible for keeping company vehicle in a clean condition ensuring regular maintenance checks are undertaken and any necessary records and stock are maintained.
- Provide accurate daily working information on operational activities, electronically or otherwise, in a consistent manner to comply with regulatory and company requirements.
- Ensure all works are carried in line with Company Procedures and Policies, Health and Safety, Control of Hazardous Materials, in line with COSHH regulations and PPE.
- Ensure all plant and equipment is fully functional, appropriately maintained and certificated with defects reported and waste materials disposed of correctly.
- Compliance with current legislative guidelines, company procedures, policies and standards.
- Delivery of all services in line with Customer Service Standards and good working practice.
- Pro-active view towards Health and Safety with a ‘no risk’ approach to all activities including RIDDOR reportable incidents.
- Achievement of key performance and productivity indicators.
- Increased customer satisfaction in areas of service delivery responsibility.
- Effective team working with colleagues external agencies to ensure any operational difficulties are overcome.
- Works are completed within budget and in line with business requirements.
Skills and Experience:
- Must be fully qualified to City and Guilds 236 part 2 (or NVQ level 3) plus 17th edition of the wiring regulations.
- Certificated qualifications and demonstrated experience in domestic and commercial electrical works.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment within agreed performance targets.
- Ability to correctly complete the relevant technical certifications, reports or other documentation in relation to the role either electronically or hand written to a high standard.
- Proven ability to work methodically, follow agreed procedures and accurately record data and information.
- Ability to accurately interpret technical data and drawings and instructions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems seeking any advice required.
- Ability to carry out physical tasks and lift weights in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years electrical experience as an ‘Electrician’ and be able to undertake a variety of domestic and commercial electrical tasks, including installation works, maintenance, fault finding, inspection testing and certification.
- Must hold a full, clean UK driving licence. Company vehicle may be provided in line with current company work streams, terms and conditions.
- We embrace equality and diversity in our people and we work hard to ensure that the communities that we live and work in are well represented in our business.
- City and Guilds 2391 Inspection & Testing (Or current equivalent).
- Health and Safety knowledge.
- Other building trade skills in addition to main trade.
If you are interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to ensure you meet the essential criteria.