Environmental Health Officer/Senior Technical Officer – Private Sector Housing
Employer: Reading Borough Council
- Reference: ENV0831
- Published on: Fri 23/06/2017 08:00 AM
- Closing on: Sun 09/07/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Hours: Full-time, 37 hours per week.
- Salary: RG5 – RG6b (SCP 28–37) £24,964 – £32,486 pa, plus £3,212 market supplement if EHRB registered
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Reading
Fixed-term contract until 31 March 2019
Reading Borough Council is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Environmental Health Officer or Senior Technical Officer to work in our Private Sector Housing Team.
As an urban area we are challenged with a large number of properties in the private rented sector in poor condition and a high proportion of licensable properties. You will be carrying out proactive/reactive inspections of private rented properties, investigating complaints, you will also be taking enforcement action in line with the Council’s enforcement policy.
You must possess a degree/diploma from an Environmental Health course accredited by CIEH as well the Environmental Health Registration Board (EHRB) Certificate
- paid membership subscription of one professional body
- participation in the out-of-hours rota for which additional payments will be made
- flexible working
- a pleasant and friendly working environment.
Internal Reading Borough Council employees must login via Employee Self Service to apply. If you have not yet been issued with your Employee Self Service account, or you have any queries, please email with details.
Visit http://www.reading.gov.uk/jobsearch for more details on how to apply online. Alternatively, call the Recruitment Team on 0118 937 2039 (24 hour answerphone) quoting the job reference number and the job title of the post you are interested in.
Please do not send a CV: for the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Closing date: 9 July 2017
Interview date: 20 July 2017