Facilities Management Officer
Employer: Reading Borough Council
- Reference: ENV0829
- Published on: Fri 19/05/2017 08:00 AM
- Closing on: Mon 05/06/2017 23:57 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: Full-time, 37 hours per week • Permanent.
- Salary: RG3m-RG4b (SCP15-25) £17,072 - £22,658 pa, plus 10% shift allowance, out of hours call out allowance and additional payment for call out
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Reading
Corporate Facilities Management Service
To start as soon as possible
We are looking for a full-time Facilities Management Officer to work in the Corporate Facilities Management (FM) Team providing flexible FM services to staff and visitors in various sites across Reading.
Duties will include:
- ensuring all health and safety, fire safety and legionella checks are carried out
- regularly and accurately
- maintaining your responsible buildings to ensure safety and security
- receiving visitors to site,
- carrying out room set ups
- unloading and delivering goods, and ensuring all health and safety and fire safety checks are carried out regularly and accurately.
The role will require flexible working hours Monday to Friday and travelling between various sites across Reading between 6am and 22.30pm.
Applicants should be organised and flexible with basic IT skills, numeracy and literacy, and be able to communicate clearly both by phone and in writing. They should be motivated, a team player and able to work to deadlines.
If you would like to ask questions about this post before applying, please call 0118 937 3018 or 0118 937 2998. Alternatively you can contact or 07885 750430.
Internal Reading Borough Council employees must login via Employee Self Service to apply. If you have not yet been issued with your Employee Self Service account, or you have any queries, please email with details.
Visit http://www.reading.gov.uk/jobsearch for more details on how to apply online. Alternatively, call the Recruitment Team on 0118 937 2039 (24 hour answerphone) quoting the job reference number and the job title of the post you are interested in.
Please do not send a CV: for the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Closing date: 5 June 2017
Interview date: To be confirmed.