Family Court Adviser
- Reference: A12FCABIR17003
- Published on: Mon 15/05/2017 13:45 PM
- Closing on: Thu 25/05/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: £36,845 - £41,085
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Birmingham
We become social workers because we want to change lives. Each one of us, strive to be outstanding for those children and families we serve despite the adversity we have to overcome in our day-to-day execution of your roles. We therefore invite you to explore a better pathway to excellence.
At Cafcass we share your ambition and we have a strong focus on ensuring consistently good and outstanding practice in our social work. We know our staff can’t achieve this without being able to work flexibly, having regular supervision and ongoing professional development opportunities.
At Cafcass, we invest in our social workers and share their ambition to achieve outstanding practice for children and their families. To achieve such high standards, we develop emotionally intelligent, self-sufficient social workers who are able to work flexibly, focus on personal and professional development, provide strong supervision whilst producing evidenced based work that enhance the lives of those we serve.
Our commitment to staff is evident as we have successfully produced 2 gold winners at the Social Worker of the year awards. We further have produced 1 Gold and 1 Silver Team Leaders of the Year, 1 Student Social Worker of the Year, Gold Employer of the Year and Gold Practice Educator of the Year. Our staff support services, have received other accolades including flexible working, health and wellbeing and staff development.
If you join us as a Family Court Adviser – which is what we call our Social Workers - you'll be supporting some of the most vulnerable children in England through significant events including care proceedings, adoption, parental orders and parental separation.
Cafcass A12 covers Birmingham, Black Country, Worcestershire, Shropshire, Herefordshire and Telford. We are recruiting two Family Court Adviser for Birmingham and the Black Country (based in Birmingham) and four for Worcestershire and Herefordshire (based in Worcester). You will be the voice of the child at the heart of the family justice system to ensure the best, safest and most timely outcome for each child. You will complete direct work with children and their families to understand what the child needs, wants and feels and then give advice to the Courts to ensure their safety and well-being now and into the future.
You’ll write confidently, providing powerful and succinct case analysis and make recommendations to the court. You’ll also attend court and be an advocate for the best interests of the child, ensuring their voice is central to all decision making.
As you would expect, there are a few key things we need you to be:
- Social Work qualified
- HCPC registered
- Experienced at working with highly vulnerable children and families
- Expert in safeguarding, child engagement, inter-agency working, case analysis, planning and recording.
Our work is demanding so for you to succeed and truly make a difference you should be someone who;
- Is resilient, self-efficient, emotionally intelligent and organised
- Can prioritise their work in accordance to the need of the child and their family.
- Has strong, intuitive IT skills and willing to embrace modern ways of working.
- Is an effective verbal and written communicator, including direct work with children.
If you join us, you'll be part of an organisation that provides the tools and support to enable you to be the best Social Worker you can. We will also support you to have an effective work life balance.
Now we've told you about the role told we hope you're nearly ready to tell us a little about yourself by completing our short application process. Before you do, let us give you a flavour of the benefits you'll receive should you join us;
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Membership of a Local Government Pension Scheme
- Potential to bring your continuous service with you providing enhanced benefits
- Health and Wellbeing support including Healthcare Scheme Membership, mental health first aid, mindfulness, fitness advice and dietary advice.
- Payment of HCPC fees
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Social work benefits:
- Learning and development including: Induction, face-to-face, on-line and external workshops, internal library, internal social policy department, national peer-to-peer development.
- Supervision, Coaching and practice development.
- Strong focus on talent management and career enhancement including promotion or linear development.
- State of the art equipment, including SMART phones, IT, access to systems on the go, SKYPE for business.
- Consistent support and advice and access to a manager or practice supervisor who knows you.
We hope you’ve decided this is a role you would like, if so click on ‘visit website’ and that will take you straight to our short application process and you can submit your CV.
Alternatively, if this isn’t quite the right role for you but might be interested in other opportunities with us, or you want to find out a bit more about us why should consider joining us, please visit www.cafcass.gov.uk/cafcass-careers.