Family Court Adviser
- Reference: A12FCABIR17004
- Published on: Mon 15/05/2017 13:45 PM
- Closing on: Thu 25/05/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: £36,845 - £41,085
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Birmingham
We become social workers because we want to change lives. Each one of us, strive to be outstanding for those children and families we serve despite the adversity we have to overcome in our day-to-day execution of your roles. We therefore invite you to explore a better pathway to excellence.
At Cafcass we share your ambition and we have a strong focus on ensuring consistently good and outstanding practice in our social work. We know our staff can’t achieve this without being able to work flexibly, having regular supervision and ongoing professional development opportunities.
Cafcass teams covering Birmingham, Black Country, Worcestershire, Herefordshire, Telford and Shropshire have produced gold winners in the categories of best social worker, best student social worker and best team leader in the last 3 years. As an organisation, Cafcass has amongst other awards, won gold for Employer of the Year, Team of the year and Practice Educator of the year. Our staff support services, have received other accolades including flexible working, health and wellbeing and staff development. We are therefore able to evidence our commitment to our staff and their development.
The Early Intervention Team is the front door to Cafcass Services for children and their family. The role of a social worker in this team is to robustly apply safeguarding knowledge to ensure that Cafcass only intervenes in the lives of those children who needs a service, thus respecting each child’s rights to family life and privacy. The service is fast paced, energetic, drawing on Child Protection expertise, analytical risk assessment, identifying key issues for the court and making safe recommendations in the best interests of the child. As an EIT Family Court adviser, you will attend initial hearings with Court Hearings to ensure that children remain central to all decision making.
You will predominantly achieve this by conducting effective telephone interviews with applicants and respondents and assessing information received from other agencies. You will then collate this to allow you to succinctly and expertly communicate advice in the court through clear, evidence-based reports and representations.
As you would expect there are a few key things we need you to be:
- Social Work qualified
- HCPC registered
- Experienced at working with highly vulnerable children and families
- Expert in safeguarding, child engagement, inter-agency working, case analysis, planning and recording.
Our work is demanding so for you to succeed and truly make a difference you should be someone who;
- Is resilient , self-sufficient, emotionally intelligent and organised
- Can prioritise their work in accordance to the need of the child and their families.
- Has strong, intuitive IT skills and is willing to embrace modern ways of working.
- Is an effective verbal and written communicator and able to effectively communicate by telephone.
Now we've told you about the role we hope you're nearly ready to tell us a little about yourself by completing an application. Before you do, let us give you a flavour of the benefits you'll receive should you join us;
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Membership of a Local Government Pension Scheme
- Potential to bring your continuous service with you providing enhanced benefits
- Health and Wellbeing support including Healthcare Scheme Membership
- Payment of HCPC fees
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Social work benefits:
- Learning and development including: Induction, face-to-face, on-line and external workshops, internal library, internal social policy department, national peer-to-peer development.
- Supervision, Coaching and practice development.
- Strong focus on talent management and career enhancement including promotion or linear development.
- State of the art equipment, including SMART phones, IT, access to systems on the go, SKYPE for business.
- Consistent support and advice and access to a manager or supervising social worker who knows you.
We hope you’ve decided this is a role you would like, if so click on ‘visit website’ and that will take you straight to our short application process and you can submit your CV.
Alternatively, if this isn’t quite the right role for you but might be interested in other opportunities with us, or you want to find out a bit more about us why should consider joining us, please visit www.cafcass.gov.uk/cafcass-careers.