Family Group Conference Co-ordinator
- Reference: PFAC935
- Published on: Wed 22/10/2014 00:01 AM
- Closing on: Fri 14/11/2014 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Permanent
- Hours: Casual
- Salary: JM1:- £28,922 per annum, pro rata
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Based in North Somerset
Are you an experienced family group conference co-ordinator?
Over recent years we have established a thriving family group conference project in North Somerset. We offer family group conferences to families referred from childcare social work teams across the authority.
We are hoping to recruit up to 5 experienced Family Group Conference Co-ordinators to join our team. They will be paid on a sessional hourly rate for the work they do.
The Co-ordinator is responsible for the negotiation, mediation and facilitation of the family group conference process. They are responsible for organising and managing the conferences in the best interests of children.
Co-ordinators will be required to attend monthly co-ordinator supervision meetings.
Co-ordinators will need to have:-
- a qualification or equivalent experience in a relevant caring profession, e.g. social work / health / education / community work / other;
- experience of childcare / children’s services
- experience of mediation / negotiation and facilitation with individuals or groups
- proven experience of facilitating family group conferences
- good report writing skills
- ability to work to agreed time limits
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitations of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
For further information contact Ruth Staples 01934 426 760
Want to know more and apply?
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: To be confirmed
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer
We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.