Operating in the heart of London, Ekaya Housing Association has been providing good quality housing and services to its customers for over 25 years.
Our staff make a vital contribution to the lives of customers, providing homes, advice and care. Our specialist housing and support services enable our customers to live independently.
Objectives of post
- To provide a comprehensive and quality floating support service on behalf of the Association, working with young people at risk aged 18- 25 years.
- To ensure that all services provided are ‘customer-led’ and orientated.
- To implement the Association’s polices and procedures.
- To liaise with external agencies, including statutory services, who might provide support and assistance to sustain their tenancies.
- To provide effective, efficient and intensive one to one support around issues of health, accessing training, education and employment and dealing with Landlord, as appropriate, regarding housing management matters.
The successful candidate must have at least two years’ experience of working with at least one of the following:
- Young tenants in a social housing setting
- General needs tenants requiring additional support
- People with Mental Health issues
- Providing Floating Support to vulnerable young people and adults within the local community.
Closing Date: Friday, 24 January 2014 at 5.30 pm
Interviews for shortlisted candidates: w/c Monday, 3 February 2014
Ekaya Housing Association is an equal opportunities employer.