Floating Support Worker - Lambeth Families
Team: Lambeth Families FS
Do you believe everyone should have a place to call home and the chance to lead a fulfilling life?
SHP is a London-wide charity working to prevent homelessness and help vulnerable and socially excluded people to transform their lives. Each day our staff work with individuals to tackle the underlying causes of homelessness, such as poor mental health or drug and alcohol dependency. From supporting people in crisis to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment, we make a difference to 7,000 lives every year.
SHP is looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic, creative and organised Family Support Workers to join its service in Lambeth.
You will provide support to families that present with at least two of the following criteria;
- Parents and children involved in offending behaviours.
- Children who have not been attending school regularly.
- Children who need help: children of all ages, who need support to change their behaviours, are going missing from home, or could be supported by Children’s Social Care.
- Adults and out of work or in debt.
- Families affected by domestic violence and abuse.
- Parents and children with a range of physical and/or mental health issues.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Can adapt positively to and likes change.
- Likes the challenge of adapting their approach to fit with the different client groups, including the needs of both adults and children.
- Can fit in with teams, both internally and externally to SHP, whilst working autonomously.
- Have a flexible, resilient, thoughtful, therapeutic approach to working with clients with complex needs.
- Are experienced and understanding of the issues involved in working in the community with Families.
- Have the ability to be self-motivating, work under pressure and manage time effectively prioritising different areas of work according to need.
- Have an ability to be empathic and enthusiastic about working with often chaotic & hard to engage clients.
SHP’s attractive benefits package includes:
- Highly competitive starting salaries which are amongst the best in the sector
- A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 4pm) in some services
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 28 days (plus eight paid Bank Holidays)
- Paid carers' leave and compassionate leave
- Sick leave, up to three months full pay then three months half pay
- A contributory pension scheme to which SHP will pay in the equivalent 5% of your annual salary
- Generous maternity leave (16 weeks full pay and up to 24 weeks half pay) and four weeks paid paternity leave, depending on length of service
- Interest free public transport season ticket loan (after six months)
- Tax exemption for ’cycle to work’ scheme, childcare vouchers and payroll giving
- Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), available to all staff.
Please note that we do not accept CV’s. To apply please go to our website via the link below.
Closing date for applications: Monday 23rd January 2017 by 10am
Interviews to be held: Monday 6th February 2017 and/or Tuesday 7th February 2017
SHP is IIP accredited and an equal opportunities employer.