Employer: London Borough of Newham
- Reference: SCC00513
- Published on: Mon 01/09/2014 16:02 PM
- Closing on: Sat 13/09/2014 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Temporary
- Salary: £26664 - £28311
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Newham
Social Care Governance Assistant – 12 month secondmentSalary: £26,664 pa inc.
The ASC Care Governance Team was established in September 2012 to ensure Newham Adult Social care services are delivered within a Governance framework that supports excellent ethical standards of service and continue to improve them. Ensuring that accountability is assured and mechanisms to act on lessons learned are in place. Fostering governance structures that encourage a culture of honesty and openness in seeking the best possible outcomes for customers.
We are looking for an enthusiastic & self-motivated individual to join this committed, professional, supportive and friendly team. Your knowledge/experience will include:-
- A good understanding of Adult Social Care and its role within the Local Authority & some understanding of the legislative and regulatory framework governing Adult Social Care.
- Highly skilled in the use of Excel; knowledge, understanding and use of a wide range of ICT applications
- Good standards of literacy (including spelling, punctuation and grammar) and numeracy and ability to write high quality letters, reports, etc.
- Good understanding and use of social care procedures and systems, supporting staff with compliance reports, detailed monitoring reports, gathering quality assurance data
- Experience of working on own initiative and with minimum supervision
- Highly skilled at accurately analysing and interpreting complex quantitative and qualitative data, presenting summary information in a clear and concise format
- Excellent communication, influencing and networking skills and ability to negotiate effectively and achieve desired outcomes.
For more information or an informal discussion about the role, please contact Catherine Martin on 0203 373 1378
Closing Date: 14th September 2014Interviews will take place on 25th and 26th September This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service(DBS) check