Hackney Council Apprenticeship Programme
Employer: London Borough of Hackney
- Reference: HC01495
- Published on: Wed 14/06/2017 13:05 PM
- Closing on: Sun 16/07/2017 22:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Salary: £15,597 - £23,610 per annum (depending on the role)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Hackney
Hackney Council Apprenticeship Programme - Various Roles
£15,597 - £23,610 per annum (depending on the role)
Hackney is London's most diverse and dynamic borough. Stretching from the edge of the City, to the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, it is an area of rapid economic growth, particularly in the tech, media, fashion and other creative industries. Hackney has more green space than any other inner London borough, some of the capital's best schools, and first class transport connections, which combined with excellent local public services and a thriving arts, cultural and retail sector, are fast making it one of London's most popular areas to live, work and visit. The challenge for Hackney is to make sure that the borough's economic growth provides benefits for everyone who lives here, and to create opportunities that will transform the lives of local people.
An apprenticeship is a full-time work-based learning programme that combines accredited study with paid work. You will gain valuable work based experience while training to gain a qualification.
Hackney Council’s apprenticeship programme is designed to create quality opportunities in the Council for Hackney residents and school leavers aged 16 to 24. All of our programmes last at least 12 months and combine work, on and off the job training, and study towards a recognised qualification in a relevant subject. As an apprentice with us, you will receive a competitive salary, holiday entitlement and a package of support. You will spend at least one day per week working towards your qualification or taking part in training and development activities.
To apply for the apprenticeship programme you must:
- Be aged 16-24
- Live in Hackney AND/OR have been educated in Hackney AND/OR be a care leaver for whom Hackney Council is your ‘corporate parent’.
We are looking for candidates with:
- passion and enthusiasm
- good organisational skills
- a demonstrable understanding of the principles of delivering a high quality service to Hackney residents
- ability to form good working relationships with others
- a commitment to undertake a qualification through a structured training programme.
We will hold screening days after the closing date, and interviews will follow this. When you apply, you will need to select your top three preferences from the following roles. Please do not attach a CV or covering letter, as these will not be considered. Please be sure to answer the supporting questions.
Housing Trade Apprentice (8 posts)
Revenues Assistant Apprentice (5 posts)
Customer Service Apprentice (3 posts)
Public Health Apprentice (2 posts)
Youth Work Apprentice (2 posts)
Homelessness and Housing Advice Apprentice
Employment and Skills Apprentice
Design Assistant/Artworker Apprentice
Resident Engagement Apprentice
At Hackney, we go that extra mile for our people; we offer a work environment which is stimulating, fast moving and supportive, giving you the chance to use your skills and develop new ones within a high profile organisation. If you share our values and are ready to be part of our exciting journey please apply now!
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the posts.
We are passionate about equal opportunities and welcome a diversity of talent to apply.
Closing Date: Sunday 16 July 2017 22:59 hrs
- Housing Trade Apprentice JD/PS
- Apprentice Youth Worker JD/PS
- Customer Service Apprentice JD/PS
- Design Assistant/Artwork Apprentice JD/PS
- Employment and Skills Apprentice JD/PS
- Homelessness and Housing Apprentice JD/PS
- Public Health Apprentice JD/PS
- Resident Engagement Apprentice JD/PS
- Revenues Assistant Apprentice JD/PS
How To Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.