Head of Children’s Centre
Employer: Islington Schools
- Reference: SCH/780
- Published on: Mon 11/08/2014 23:59 PM
- Closing on: Fri 26/09/2014 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 35 per week
- Salary: Salary Grade: Leadership L7-L14 (QTS) Salary Range: £51,117 - £59,287 per annum OR Salary Grade: PO8 Scale point 55 – 58 Salary Range: £50,922 - £53,286 per annum (Relevant professional qualification)
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Ambler Primary School & Children’s Centre, Blackstock Road, Islington N4 2DR
Head of Children’s Centre
Permanent, All Year Round
Required for as soon as possible/negotiable for the right candidate
Salary Grade: Leadership L7-L14 (QTS)
Salary Range: £51,117 – £59,287 per annum
Salary Grade: PO8 Scale point 55 – 58
Salary Range: £50,922 – £53,286 per annum
(Relevant professional qualification at degree level equivalent)
The Head of Ambler Primary School and Children’s Centre, staff, parents, children and governors are seeking to appoint an outstanding head of children’s centre who has the passion and commitment to lead our enthusiastic and dynamic staff team towards achieving the very best outcomes for our children and families.
Ambler is in the unique position of having a children’s centre within a primary school setting which brings lots of benefits to both sides of the provision. It is situated on a beautiful site with a new build extension on a wonderful old traditional school building including ample outdoor space with our own small forest area.
As the children’s centre has evolved over the last few years, the 2 year old provision has doubled as has the nursery and reception classes. Outreach services are well established and continually reviewed and improved upon. Good links have been built with partner agencies.
The successful candidate will have significant experience and knowledge of children’s centre services and early education for children from six months to five years.
Ambler Children’s Centre provides full wrap around care and education from 08:00 to 18:00, 48 weeks per year and offers a wide variety of outreach services to the local community, supporting our families to achieve successful outcomes.
“The support, care and guidance offered to families are outstanding” (Children’s Centre Ofsted March 2012).
“Staff morale is very high at the centre and staff are well respected by parents, partners and others who come into contact with them” (Children’s Centre Ofsted March 2012).
We are seeking a Head of Centre who:
- Is responsible for the strategic direction and development of the centre working closely with the Senior leadership team, partners, the advisory board and governing body.
- Can lead, motivate, support, challenge and develop staff in the Children’s Centre to secure improvement.
- Can secure and sustain effective teaching and learning for children, families and staff within the centre.
- Can efficiently and effectively meet specific objectives in line with the Centre’s strategic plan and financial context.
- Has proven experience of working creatively, with partner agencies to develop community-based services which impact on health, social and employment outcomes for families with children under 5
- Can lead a culture of critical reflection engaging with others to identify, share and promote effective practice.
- Works effectively with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Embraces change and innovation positively.
- Has a good sense of humour.
We can offer:
- An established staff team providing excellent services for our community
- A warm, positive working environment where everyone is valued
- An enthusiastic dynamic and talented leadership and staff team
- A well-established advisory board and governing body
- Great transport links (Finsbury Park Station)
- An opportunity to develop the children’s centre with inspiring initiatives and take it to the next level and make your mark!
Visits to our Centre are welcomed and actively encouraged by contacting Juliet Benis – Headteacher, Ambler Primary School and Children’s Centre on 020 7226 4708 or
Closing Date: Noon, Friday 26th September 2014
Interviews: Wednesday 8th October 2014
Please apply online at www.islington.gov.uk/jobs following the jobs link. If you need any assistance please email Schools HR at quoting reference: SCH/780
Ambler Primary School and Children’s Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment; an enhanced DBS check will be required
How To Apply