Head of Financial Planning & Modelling
- Reference: 54237
- Published on: Tue 10/01/2017 12:16 PM
- Closing on: Tue 24/01/2017 12:16 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Salary: £43887 per annum + see advert
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Birmingham
We are currently recruiting a Financial Planning & Modelling Accountant to be responsible for the design, development, testing and population of complex financial models for commercial bidding, corporate planning, budgeting and forecasting purposes.
You will be liaising with the Business Development and the Finance function teams to support and assist in external bid timetables and be commercially aware, creative and have business acumen through the decision making process.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Lead the financial input in all bid submissions seamlessly interfacing with the Business Development team.
* Design, develop, test and produce robust financial models which identify key business drivers and enable sensitivities to be run to quantify financial risk and reward
* Engage with directors, management, operational and functional staff at all levels to extract key operational and financial information and knowledge to facilitate robust
financial modelling and financial input to bids.
* Support the Business Development team in providing supplementary financial and commercial analysis to enable decision making and further develop the financial input to bids.
* Responsible for the upkeep of the Corporate financial model with agreed budget outputs.
* Ensure the quarterly forecast process is aligned to the Corporate financial model, liaising with the finance team and budget holders.
The successful candidate will have:
* Significant experience of building, developing and maintaining financial models for complex bids.
* Experience of contributing widely to a range of tender applications for both local and national work and successfully secure resources.
* Demonstrable experience of using financial analysis to facilitate efficient and effective executive decision making.
* Experience of building strong cross-functional relationships.
* Experience of managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Experience of delivering high quality customer service to internal and external customers.
Experience of line management
28 days a year annual leave with the ability to accrue 1 day of additional holiday for every year of service up to 5 years plus bank holidays; pro rata for part-time employees
Season ticket loan
Working 35 hours per week, plus paid lunch break (40 hours in total); pro rata for part-time employees
As a committed Investor In People (IIP), continued professional development is central to our people and performance management activities. Our employees receive regular support with Personal Development Planning and have access to training and professional development opportunities
Equal Opportunities Statement
Nacro values the diverse nature of its staff and of those using its services, and is committed to ensuring that this is reflected in all its practices, policies and services.
Nacro's commitment to equity involves much more than equality of access and tackling discrimination - it requires the whole of Nacro to actively embrace and promote the benefits and opportunities that diversity brings to the organisation
If this role interests you and you would like more information about applying, please copy and paste this link into your web browsers address bar: https://nae.evolution-system.com/. However the Guidant Group will also send this link to you in an email should you apply through this advert (please check your junk/spam folder).
Please apply at your earliest convenience as this position could close before the advert expiry date. Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
Nacro values the diverse nature of its staff and of those using its services.