Head of IT
- Reference: 54236
- Published on: Tue 10/01/2017 13:27 PM
- Closing on: Tue 24/01/2017 13:27 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Salary: £62525 per annum + see advert
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Birmingham
We are currently the role of Head of IT for who will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the ICT Service Desk. The successful candidate will develop and implement the ICT strategy and wider information technology agenda, ensuring it is aligned to the needs of the business.
The Head of ICT will have responsibility for leading, managing and motivating the ICT team, which is made up of 10 people, as well as acting as the principal advisor to the leadership team on all matters relating to ICT and the management of IT services.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Leading and managing a team of 10
* Responsible for the operational delivery and responsible for managing projects and programme management
* Motivate, coach and develop the team
* The ability to manage an improve complex IT operations.
* Good analytical skills with the ability to solve organisational problems.
* Good communication skills with the ability to provide information in a clear and concise manner.
* Excellent knowledge on external and internal network security.
* Knowledge of IT industry standards.
* The ability to manage change.
* Developing, implementing and monitoring internal ICT service level agreements with all Nacro departments and business functions
* Develop and implement the organisation's ICT strategy in line with the strategic plan.
* Provide a comprehensive ICT service including requirements specification, project management, information systems support and development, operational support and professional ICT development
* Manage the ICT budget.
* Co-ordinate the purchase and implementation of computer software, hardware and services across the organisation, negotiating and effectively managing contracts with 3rd party suppliers and taking remedial action where necessary.
The successful candidate will have:
* Significant experience of managing an ICT Service Desk
* Appropriate IT qualification.
* Knowledge and delivery of VoIP, VLAN and data networks & infrastructure.
* Knowledge of Citrix, SharePoint, Exchange, SQL Server.
* Strong relationship building skills
* Quality control systems and how these can be applied to improve the IT service.
* Key performance indicators for IT service management and how these can be used to monitor and improve the delivery of IT services.
* Highly developed understanding and exposure to hardware, software and systems used in small to medium large organisations
* Demonstrable ICT experience at senior level, working in a geographically dispersed organisation.
* Demonstrable experience of advising senior managers on matters relating to IT and security.
* Proven experience of leading, managing and motivating a team.
* Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing an IT strategy.
* Experience of managing budgets.
* Demonstrable experience of managing 3rd party providers/contracts.
* Demonstrable experience of successfully managing and delivering IT projects.
28 days a year annual leave with the ability to accrue 1 day of additional holiday for every year of service up to 5 years plus bank holidays; pro rata for part-time employees
Season ticket loan
Working 35 hours per week, plus paid lunch break (40 hours in total); pro rata for part-time employees
As a committed Investor In People (IIP), continued professional development is central to our people and performance management activities. Our employees receive regular support with Personal Development Planning and have access to training and professional development opportunities
Equal Opportunities Statement
Nacro values the diverse nature of its staff and of those using its services, and is committed to ensuring that this is reflected in all its practices, policies and services.
Nacro's commitment to equity involves much more than equality of access and tackling discrimination - it requires the whole of Nacro to actively embrace and promote the benefits and opportunities that diversity brings to the organisation
If this role interests you and you would like more information about applying, please copy and paste this link into your web browsers address bar: https://nae.evolution-system.com/. However the Guidant Group will also send this link to you in an email should you apply through this advert (please check your junk/spam folder).
Please apply at your earliest convenience as this position could close before the advert expiry date. Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
Nacro values the diverse nature of its staff and of those using its services.