Head of Property Services
Employer: West London YMCA
- Reference: WLYMCA/17/37043
- Published on: Mon 19/06/2017 10:10 AM
- Closing on: Mon 10/07/2017 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: £42,000
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Ealing
Permanent Contract Full time 40 hours per week based at South Ealing cover all projects in West London.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a Head of Property Services to assist in delivering strategic and operational plans to support YMCA West London’s mission.
At YMCA West London, our mission is developing opportunities that transform young lives. We provide a portfolio of supported housing services across West London, working primarily within the boroughs of Ealing, Hillingdon, Hounslow and Harrow. Going forward, the plan is to expand our services.
The service we provide is characterised by our commitment to continuous improvement, efficiencies, excellence, better outcomes for vulnerable young people, raising our profile and growth.
As the Head of Property Services you will leading the in-house maintenance team, and work closely with the contractors, managers and staff across YMCA West London your key purpose will be to:
- To provide a comprehensive property maintenance services, ensuring that residents and internal stakeholders requirements are met
- To ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements relating to property maintenance are met at all times
- To co-ordinate and administer planned and cyclical maintenance work packages from start through to completion via partnering and framework agreements and traditional style contracts
- To be responsible for the management of all capital works contracts, adaptations and major projects relating to property maintenance services, which may include overseeing and managing contractors, architects, quantity surveyors, consultants and other professionals as required
- To supervise reactive maintenance – this includes providing a high standard, efficient and value-for-money, day to day property maintenance and minor works service
- To contribute to the overall effectiveness of the leadership team within the YMCA WL, ensuring that Asset Management considerations are included in business planning
- To be responsible for the development and practical implementation of the asset management strategy
- To develop and improve KPIs, policies, procedures and processes to ensure properties are maintained, serviced and replaced in line with customer expectations and strategic objectives
To successfully achieve these, we are now looking for like-minded driven individuals with the necessary experience to take on this new and exciting role. You will:
- Have previous experience as a senior surveyor
- Be a Member of Chartered Institute of Building (MCIOB) and a Member of Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or demonstrate the competency through your experience
- Experience of project and construction management
- Previous experience of preparing technical drawings, specifications, design briefs, surveys, evaluations and reports
- Experience of formulation and implementation of Planned preventative Maintenance (PPM) strategies
- Experience of controlling significant budgets
- Experience in dealing with of vulnerable clients within housing.
- A knowledge of maintenance databases and schedule of rates
Experience of contract administration and management including JCT agreements
- Experience in managing Budgets, scheme appraisals and financial control
- Experience in procurement
- Experience of facilities management
- Possess a full current UK driving licence
Closing date: 10 July 2017, 12noon
Interview dates: 18 July 2017
To download a full application pack, click the link below alternatively email or call our recruitment line 020 88321523. Please note that an application form will need to be completed, as CV’s will not be accepted.