Head of Technology Services
Employer: Horsham District Council
- Reference: CR1219
- Published on: Fri 05/05/2017 13:05 PM
- Closing on: Mon 22/05/2017 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: £51,263 - £55,446 pa
- DBS Check: No
- Location: West Sussex
Here at Horsham District Council, we are planning for the future and as our highly influential, experienced and creative Head of Technology Services you will take an active role in shaping it, while also greatly enhancing your career in the process.
About the role
You will take the lead on the implementation of our Technology Strategy and helping deliver the Future Horsham transformation programme.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing the skills, resources and technologies to allow rapid operational digitisation
- Leading the flexible, cost effective transformation of the technology estate
- Advising colleagues on how technology can support them in redesigning their services
- Embedding a culture of user centred design and agile delivery
You must have extensive people management experience and a strong background of leading and directing digital and ICT services and deploying cloud-based technology.
You must also have:
- A relevant degree and a suitable management qualification
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience of managing large scale projects, particularly using agile methodologies
- Local government experience at a senior level would be desirable
So, if you think you can rise to this rewarding challenge, you can look forward to a friendly workplace and wide ranging benefits you would associate with a highly regarded local government employer, including a great pension, car allowance, payment of professional subscription and support for training, 27 days’ holiday and flexible working options.