Are you able to work under pressure while delivering high quality results? Do you value great customer service? Are you hungry to learn new skills and develop your career?
We’re in one of the most exciting periods in the history of Guinness and have set ambitious, challenging objectives for the future. Our new strategy, which we’ve called Destination 2018, is all about our vision for an amazing organisation. For the first time it defines Guinness as a Customer Service Business, with a real focus on making sure every customer has great experience, every time they interact or transact with us.
We are looking for dynamic and passionate individuals who are hungry to succeed. You will need to be able to communicate to a wide range of people using a variety of methods, and always to an excellent standard. While we do value knowledge and experience, we are also interested in developing great people who can demonstrate the required behavioural competencies.
Reporting to the Head of Homeowner Services, the successful candidate will work within a team that provides a comprehensive range of specialist, flexible, high quality and customer focused legal services to our current Guinness Homeowners and future customers. These services include the sale of homes, extension of leases, purchase of further shares if shared-owners, Right to Buy as well as many other leasehold management functions.
- Ability to plan and re-shape processes in response to changing customer needs.
- Significant customer service experience.
- Experience and understanding of working in a high performance customer service culture.
- Proven ability to manage a large and varied workload, meeting performance targets and deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across Guinness.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Able to demonstrate Guinness behavioural competencies.
- Proven track record of working with external agencies and partners.
- Experience of dealing with legal advisors.
- Experience of dealing with residential sales processes.
- Relevant professional qualification.
- Knowledge of current housing legislation and good practice.
- Relevant practitioner experience and/or professional qualification.
- Broad knowledge of legal powers availability
If you are interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to ensure you meet the essential criteria.
Closing Date: Sunday 28th May 2017 at Midnight
Interview Dates: Tuesday 6th & Wednesday 7th June 2017