Employer: Guinness Partnership
- Reference: 748
- Published on: Mon 17/07/2017 15:42 PM
- Closing on: Mon 31/07/2017 15:38 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Hours: 35 hours per week.
- Salary: £30,663 per annum (£28,663 basic plus £2,000 Local Job Supplement)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Welwyn Garden City
We are looking for a part time Housing Officer to work from our Welwyn Garden City hub on a fixed term contract until the end of January 2018. Who will provide an excellent comprehensive service to customers, homes and neighbourhoods in line with company business plans, standards, policies and procedures.
You will build and manage effective relationships with internal and external customers, colleagues, agencies and contractors to support excellent service delivery. You will work within the Welwyn and Hatfield areas managing tenancies of approximately 350 general need properties.
Managing specified tenancy requirements including, proactively supporting income recovery, void turnaround, tenancy sustainment and enforcement. Carrying out home visits and estate inspections, dealing with low level support and anti-social behaviour cases and general tenancy enquiries are also key areas of responsibility for this role.
The working hours are Monday - Wednesday 9am - 5pm and the role involves remote/lone working - supported by our lone working policy and procedures. A full, clean UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle is compulsory.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience of delivering excellent customer service
- Proven ability to manage a varied workload to achieve challenging performance targets
- Proven ability to contribute positively to team responsibilities, performance and outcomes
- Proven ability to deal calmly and positively with challenging situations in our offices, customers homes and elsewhere
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience of the social housing sector
- Experience of housing or tenancy management
- Knowledge of legislation and regulation relevant to social housing tenancies/leases
- Knowledge of welfare benefits
- Relevant professional qualification
We want an individual with the energy, drive and ambition to make a positive impact on our organisation and our customers. You must be self motivated and able to work on your own to produce high quality innovative ideas. You will report to the Housing Manager but will work closely with colleagues across the Guinness Partnership.
We're here to improve people’s lives. We do this by providing as many high-quality new homes as possible and with great housing and care services. This vision has been a guiding force since we were founded 125 years ago and drives us to be the best we can be.
With 60,000 homes across England, we operate nationally but pride ourselves on delivering a quality, local service to our customers. To do this, we are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining the very best people – individuals who love their work and get huge job satisfaction by making a real difference to our business and our customers.
Closing date: Monday 24th July 2017 at Midnight