(Temporary maternity cover until 31st March 2018)
Management Grouping: Finance & Corporate Services
Team Schools HR
Location: Civic Offices
Salary: £22,506 - £24,510 per annum
Contract: Temporary / 36 hours per week
Closing Date: 29th May 2017
Job reference: FCS0000034
We are currently seeking a HR Officer who will enjoy working as part of the Schools HR team. Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinate recruitment campaigns from initial advice to appointment
- Maintain accurate data for all areas of HR, regardless of where this date is recorded
- Respond to customer requests within service level agreements
- Follow all agreed HR processes & Policy’s and comply with both corporate and legislative requirements
- Process all instructions in a timely and accurate manner, in order to ensure valid payment of salaries, wages, allowances, expenses and pensions
- Provide advice, support, guidance and interpretation to customers and colleagues on all HR processes and policy’s
- Good Standard of Education
- Previous experience of working within an HR/Payroll department
- Proven ability to work within a team environment
- Good Numeracy Skills
- Knowledge of an HR system together with an excellent understanding of the inter-relationship of data in all modules of an integrated HR system
- Excellent understanding of customer service requirements and ability to deal calmly and professionally with any difficult or sensitive situations
- Ability to prioritise workloads to ensure deadlines are met and work with minimum supervision
What we offer:
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- Career average revalued earnings pension scheme
- Performance related pay
- Up to 23 days annual leave (rising to 27 after 5 years’ service) plus bank holiday entitlement
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
About the team:
As a HR Officer in Schools HR you will be joining a very supportive and busy team of HR professionals.
- Closing Date for your application: 29/05/2017
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated/Interview date:
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Bexley Council is committed to a policy of equality and diversity for all staff regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability or any other factor. Our Diversity Policy demonstrates a commitment to all job applicants. Our aims are to:
• promote equality of opportunity
• eliminate unlawful discrimination, and
• promote good relations between people from different backgrounds
We are committed to ensuring that employees who have a disability are given every possible assistance in the workplace, and have achieved the ‘Positive about Disabled People’ award, which gives all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria in the person specification the opportunity to be interviewed.
How To Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.