Advertiser: In Association with Hays | AdvanSe - David Young Community Academy
- Reference: ADV341033JG5
- Published on: Mon 02/11/2009 12:00 PM
- Closing on: Wed 02/12/2009 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: Up to £42,000 plus benefits
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Leeds
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Salary: Up to £42,000 plus benefits
Job Reference: 999629
David Young Community Academy opened in September 2006. It is a successful £23million new build Academy in East Leeds, sponsored by the Diocese of Ripon and Leeds. Our learning environment is of exceptional quality and we are at the forefront of educational innovation.
A recent OFSTED inspection in February 2009 reported:
‘David Young Community Academy benefits from outstanding leadership and offers an excellent level of pastoral care.
‘The proportion of students gaining five or more good GCSE grades is above the national average.’
· To continually provide excellent, innovative ICT services and support to enhance and enrich teaching and learning.
David Young Community Academy are currently looking to fill a key position of ICT Manager to manage a growing team and to lead the continued development of ICT service provision across the institution. The successful ICT Manager will have previous experience in a strategic role with a proven track record of successfully managing and delivering ICT projects.
You will be responsible for managing all IT / IS and telephony systems, supporting over 1,200 students and around 170 staff, providing 3rd line specialist support where necessary. Experience within the education sector would be highly advantagous but is not essential. You will need a broad technical understanding with in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, Windows Server, Cisco networking, virtualization solutions and thin client technology. Experience with Share Point would be highly desirable.
The role will incorporate supporting the IT infrastructure; systems development and maintenance including backups, archiving and disaster recovery; web site management; compliance; budget responsibility and ensuring service levels are met whilst focusing on the IT strategy, looking at new technologies and IT improvements to enhance teaching and learning using ICT. Formal accreditations such as Prince2, ITIL, APM, MCSE, MCSA, CCNA or other relevant ICT qualifications are desirable.
This is a unique opportunity for an IT manager who has a passion for technology with the creativity and innovation to use it to its full potential. You will work in an environment with significant investment in ICT and will be at the forefront of the success and development of the department.
- Generous Salary (£32,134 – £41,943)
- Membership of a final salary pension scheme
- Exceptional holiday allowance (32 days + 8 Bank Holidays)
- Free Meals
- Free Parking
- Flexible working hours
- Continued Professional Development
- State of the art business environment
Apply now and take your first step in securing a fantastic career opportunity or contact Navita Kaushal on 0113 245 4880 for further information.
Closing Date for Applications: 13th November 2009
- David Young Community Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment and individually take responsibility for doing so. All new staff will be subject to Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) Disclosure.
Contact: Navita Kaushal
Phone: 0113 245 4880
All third party applications will be forwarded to Hays.
Ref Code: ADV341033JG5