ICT Project Manager
Advertiser: London Borough of Hounslow
- Reference: R0002391
- Published on: Thu 10/08/2017 14:45 PM
- Closing on: Mon 14/08/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Salary: £32,628 - £41,025 (PO2-PO4)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Hounslow
Permanent, Full-Time, 36 hours per week
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance. To find out more please visit: http://hounslowciviccentre.org.uk/
LB Hounslow ICT are looking for customer facing Project Managers with experience of implementing complex technical and application based projects. You will be involved in all aspects of the Programme, from defining projects, developing business cases and managing the day to day delivery with internal and external resources. We currently use PRINCE2 themes and principles as the basis for project management methodology and you must be able to use and maintain these.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Take responsibility for defining, documenting and successful completing of complex projects, ensuring that realistic project, quality and risk plans are prepared and maintained, whilst adhering to change control procedure is in place
- Monitors and controls resources, revenue and capital costs against the allocated project budget and manage expectations of all project stakeholders
- To plan, direct and coordinate activities to manage and implement interrelated projects from contract/proposal initiation to final operational stage
- To manage the development, communication and implementation of projects
- To manage projects as allocated, being responsible for completion of the project to approved standards using Prince2 techniques as appropriate
- To provide information and advice to project boards(s) on project status and to inform decision-making processes to ensure the successful delivery of project objectives, as determined by the client.
Local Government experience is not essential but desirable, however we believe in investing in our staff and as such can offer good opportunities to learn and develop.
Essential for the Role
Degree level qualification, e.g. ICT, business management, or minimum 3 years' equivalent working experience in a senior technical role;
PRINCE2 accreditation or equivalent or demonstrable equivalent experience
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact email@example.com or 020 8583 3440
To apply, please visit our website to view Job Description and Person Spec.
Closing date: 14th August 2017
Interviews will be held on 18 August 2017
It is our practice that any offer of employment will be made at the bottom of our pay scale.