Independant Reviewing Officer/Child Protection Conference Chair
Employer: Luton Borough Council
- Reference: CSW/15/8315
- Published on: Fri 05/06/2015 09:54 AM
- Closing on: Mon 31/08/2015 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 37 hours
- Salary: up to £45,256 p.a.
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Luton
Based within the Safeguarding & Quality Assurance Team, the Independent Reviewing Officer/Child Protection Conference Chair post holder will:
• chair reviews of Looked after Children and Child Protection Conferences as required;
• be jointly responsible for the maintenance of a system to ensure that reviews are completed within statutory timescales and to high standards;
• contribute to the development and quality assurance of service standards;
• ensure actions comply with Council Policies and Procedures at all times.
To fulfill the role, you will need:
• substantial experience of working with looked after children and children who are subject to child protection plans, including complex legal proceedings;
• in-depth knowledge and understanding of child care legislation;
• the ability to authoritatively Chair key multi-agency meetings;
• a Degree, or Diploma in Social Work or equivalent.
We will be continually reviewing all applications and encourage applicants to submit their applications as soon as possible to be considered for available vacancies.
If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact Olivia Ives (Interim Safeguarding and Quality Assurance Team Manager) on 01582 548166.
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).