Information Mapping Analyst
Employer: Medway Council
- Reference: R501CR
- Published on: Fri 28/04/2017 14:08 PM
- Closing on: Sun 28/05/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: Range 3 (£19,472 - £25,093) per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Medway Council, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent ME4 4TR
Do you enjoy working with a diverse range of data? Do you have the Geographic Information System (GIS) skills to take data and turn it into meaningful geographic outputs?
Medway Council is committed to providing value for money and putting our customers at the centre of everything we do.
To support this we are looking to recruit an Information and Mapping Analyst, as part of the Corporate Insight Team.
The successful candidate will be able to use their GIS skills to enable services within the council to understand the local area and our customers as part of service planning, design and review. We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate their:-
- Experience of capturing, managing and quality assuring geographic data to support business needs.
- Experience of adding insight to geographical data through spatial analysis, interrogation and mapping.
- Support to stakeholders in the use of GIS to inform decision-making processes and improve service delivery
- Ability to support users across the authority in their use of GIS systems, techniques and approaches through training and demonstration
- Experience of managing a Local Land Property Gazetteer or a Local Street Gazetteer (LSG) or using gazetteer management software; ensuring that the business critical system remains operational and data quality remains high
- Experience of GIS systems, such as Cadcorp, demonstrating their use for the management and development of complex datasets, including applying additional value to data as data layers
- Knowledge of geographic principles including the capture, maintenance and management of geographic information
- Project management skills with the ability to manage a range of projects within user requirements, resources and deadlines.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile.
Medway is a unitary authority in South East England with superb transport links to London.
The council understands that a motivated workforce is the most important factor for it to be successful and achieve its aims. It’s vital that employees feel rewarded for their contribution.
As a Medway Council employee you will have the opportunity to develop both professionally and personally by undertaking relevant training opportunities, enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including competitive rates of pay and pension scheme along with access to an employee advice, information and counselling service, employee forums and an employee discount scheme for national and local retailers.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager call Anthony Lewis 01634 332092.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.