Hounslow isn't like any other London borough council. It's a hive of diverse, creative, dedicated and talented people who are dedicated to delivering the best possible outcomes for the people they serve in the communities of Hounslow. It is an exciting place to work with friendly staff with ambitious plans to deliver the best services for our local community.
We have challenging plans to improve and continually enhance our technology offering to our internal and external users and our looking for suitably qualified and customer focussed individuals to join the ICT Department. The Infrastructure & Communications Officers support and manage the Council’s ICT infrastructure and the technical teams supporting that function. Specifically, the role will focus on managing, maintaining, updating and enhancing the corporate infrastructures as directed by a Senior Infrastructure & Communications Officer within agreed times and budgets. You will specialise in certain areas but your overall remit will be broad, including infrastructure systems management and maintenance, voice and data networks management and maintenance, backup recovery and archiving, unified communications, AV. You will be highly conversant in IT security issues and be able to assess and communicate issues to stakeholders, ultimately maintaining a secure environment.
As a minimum the role requires: -
- At least 3 years of practical implementation, troubleshooting and overall technical expertise in at least two primary/core infrastructure and networking technologies directly applicable their role and in use at the Council.
- Able to evidence experience e.g. with project plans and documentation produced.
- Industry recognised qualifications or equivalent experience of practical application and knowledge demonstrable through evidence and tests etc. in each of the nominated technologies and actively maintaining the qualifications or experience through regular application of the skills.
- Support functional specifications to provide the necessary detail to enable the procurement process to run smoothly and demonstrate that you are making the best use of public funds when procuring new systems.
- Able to evidence where cost savings and delivery of the medium term savings have been achieved through your direct involvement.
For candidates with greater technical knowledge and experience than detailed above there will be the opportunity to commence at a higher level in the pay banding. Please see the person specification for requirements.
How To Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.